Graduate nurse RN application process
What you need to know
To be considered for an RN position at Allina Health, new RN graduate candidates must apply online through the graduate nurse application.
A new RN graduate is a registered nurse with less than one year of experience working as an RN.
The graduate nurse application at Allina Health is for new graduates of accredited associate's or bachelor's RN programs. The requirements for application are as follows:
- All applicants must have attended a nursing program accredited by The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (part of American Association of Colleges of Nursing) or the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission and have less than 1 year of experience working as an RN.
- All nursing programs must have included clinical rotations in an acute care facility.
- Allina Health hires both BSN and ADN graduates, however, preference is given to candidates with a BSN degree.
- All applicants must have a current RN license for the state in which the position is located prior to the start of employment. However, there are some cases in which a temporary nursing permit is acceptable.
Allina Health hires new graduate RNs year-round depending on the availability of RN positions that consider new graduate candidates. There is no deadline for applying.
Once a graduate nurse application has been submitted, candidates are contacted by a nurse recruiter if we're able to consider new graduates for RN positions, and if the candidate is chosen by the hiring manager.
If applicants are not contacted by a nurse recruiter within three months of applying, their applications will no longer be active; they will need to re-apply.
A new graduate RN is a registered nurse with less than 1 year of experience working as a RN.
If candidates have or gain more than one year of experience working as an RN, they are considered experienced RNs and should apply directly for specific positions they are interested in and qualified for.
In order to be considered for an RN position with Allina Health, new graduate RN candidates must apply online through the graduate nurse application.
If you are a current Allina Health employee, follow this online application process:
- Go to the top left of this page. Look under "Search for a job" and select Current employees.
- Scroll down the MyAllina Access page and click on the Login button.
- After you log into MyAllina, click on these options in this order:
- Main Menu
- Employee Self Service
- Job Opportunities
- For your job search, select Corporate Offices for location and Nurse for job function.
- After clicking on Search, choose the Graduate Nurse RN Application-All Locations posting.
- After reading the job description, click on Apply Now.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any questions or need more information, please email email@example.com.